The Essence of Leadership (a response)
Pascal Finette did An interesting blog the other day on “The Essence of Leadership”. It got me thinking about the subject and what I think is the core of the matter:
- Lead themselves first, they accept responsibility for their own growth and progress.
- Understand that learning is a process for life.
- Connections matter, and that genuine communication empowers everyone when it shows respect for other people and viewpoints.
- Legacy matters, how we act today sets the stage for the future.
- Empowering others is a prime directive for success
To some degree this is about the difference between management and leadership, that’s better left for another post.